here we go, so much stuff since i dropped off for three months!!
1. i joined twitter. i’m barely on and i don’t really get it, i don’t think, but i’m there.
2. there were some rumblings on the YC chatter board at ravelry about how many WIPs we have (works in progress for all you non-knitters)… i claimed at least 31, but i will venture a guess that i am lower than that, now. i’ll count in the next couple days and blog about it. i’ve picked up and finished at least two of those long dormant projects since, but i’ve also cast more on, and finished some that i started since, even… plus i’m really close to finishing another, so if i don’t count tonight the number might even go down one more!
3. i gave up alcohol for lent and i thought it would be WAY easier. i don’t drink every night or anything, but there have been plenty of situations/gatherings where i wished i hadn’t. but that’s the point, right? i did have one beer at the walleye game a few weeks ago, but i’m told sundays aren’t supposed to count.
4. speaking of the walleye game, jon and i got our picture taken there with muddy the mudhen!
5. a dear knitting friend of mine suffered a great loss this week. after giving birth to her precious baby caroline grace at just 25 gestational weeks, she and her husband had to say goodbye in just one week. in caroline’s name knitters across the ‘net are knitting up preemie beanies like mad. i believe i’ve got 6 finished and will continue to knit them through my stash of superwash sock yarn scraps.
6. i’m trying to stay on a no purchasing yarn for the whole year of 2011 regimen. there are a few stipulations… when i help out at YC i can still work against a balance there as long as i have a $0 balance or a credit by the end of the year – right now i need to schedule some more hours/classes. heh. also any de-stash yarn i sell or money from pattern sales i get to spend on travel/vacation yarns.
7. i’ve enlisted some knitter friends to help me whip up some of these hearts for the centerpieces at my wedding reception in august. i really need to whip some more up, myself. turquoises and greys/silvers. a handfulla these and some clear acrylic heart table scatter with some candles and we’ll call it done! that whole book is full of super cute projects.
8. i started back to weight watchers – it will be 8 weeks this coming saturday. i know it’s a program that works for me when i really follow it. the new program allows and encourages lots and lots of veggies and fruits and it seems pretty easy to stick to when i focus on getting in the veggies and fruits. i’m still finding i have plenty of food, i’m not hungry, my clothes are fitting better and slowly but surely the 10-14ish lbs i wanted to lose are melting off…
9. i showed jon some cool argyle knit vests in ravelry and we decided he’d look lovely on the golf course in this one. he’s picked some sharp colors and i’m excited about my first foray into intarsia… i need to drop a needle size on my swatch and if that fabric looks right, i’ll get moving this friday, in honor of his birthday! wooo!
10. most recently finished on the kindle: knit one, kill two by maggie sefton. a knitting mystery… what could be better?!?! it was really fun, the characters were interesting and it really made me want to get into the fiber arts industry. there’s a series that follows these characters some more. i will definitely be reading them all up!